Treatment: 75mins - Cost: £40
St. Tropez is the first choice of professionals and beginners the world over because every product is created to deliver a beautiful even tan, every time. For a flawless finish, there’s nothing quite like a professional touch.
Here at Woodhall Well Being we offer the hand-applied Original Treatment for a rich, flawless finish.
Preparing for a Professional Tan in Salon:
ST TROPEZ for men & women
Original treatment: The Original Treatment is a luxurious pampering hour-long treatment which delivers exceptionally smooth, rich bronze results. The treatment begins with a full body exfoliation to prepare the skin for tanning. The therapist will then custom-blend the Bronzing Lotion and will apply to the entire body before buffing to finish.
Before treatment advice:
- Skin should be free from self tan, perfume, deodorant or aromatherapy oils
- Waxing or shaving should be completed at least 24 hours prior to the treatment.
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing with dark coloured underwear. The guide colour may stain light hair, man-made fibres and wool
- We recommend you have a patch test prior to every treatment if you have a very sensitive skin.
After treatment advice:
- Do not shower or bathe for a minimum of 10 hours after your treatment.
- Do not participate in any activity which may cause perspiration for at least 12 hours after the treatment.
- The guide colour can be left on overnight although it may transfer onto bed linen. It will wash out of cotton, but not so easily from man-made fibres or wool.
How to keep your tan looking gorgeous for longer:
- Apply St. Tropez Body Moisturiser or St. Tropez Self Tan Booster daily.
- Exfoliate your skin with St. Tropez Body Polish every 2-3 days to ensure even fading.
- After showering pat the skin dry rather than rubbing.
- Avoid swimming pools as chlorine can bleach the tan.
Here are Woodhall Well Being's Top 10 Tips for a perfect self tan that lasts as long as possible;
- If you’re a tanning junkie, make sure you exfoliate regularly to avoid build up - as several layers of tan can result in an uneven result.
- If you’re waxing or shaving before tanning, make sure you do it more than 24 hours before your tan.
- When you’re tanning give yourself a good all-over polish and apply plenty of moisturiser the night before to get your skin as silky as possible. The most common cause of a patchy tan is dry skin, so it’s crucial to moisturise problem areas (wrists and hands, elbows, knees, ankles and feet) immediately prior to self tan application.
- Keep palms tan-free – try using latex gloves or our applicator mitt when applying, then simply sweep the backs of the hands with self tan diluted with moisturiser. Our Tan Remover– which you can use for up to four hours after tanning – removes any unwanted tan.
- When you’re applying your tan, make sure you’re covered all over. Don’t worry if you go over the same area twice – the tan will only be patchy if you miss a bit, not if you double up.
- Make sure you don’t rub in your gradual or self tan. Gentle smoothing is all you need, and then you can let the product do its work. Rubbing may make the finish uneven.
- Try to avoid washing your hands for as long as possible in the development time – a minimum of 2 hours. Try a hand sanitizer or wipes instead.
- Your tan won’t get deeper the longer you leave it – once it’s been on for the required amount of time (check the pack) it will have given you the natural-looking golden colour you’re after. For a deeper tan you should re-apply on successive days – 2 – 3 days in a row will give you a really deep, rich bronze tan.
- When you’ve applied your tan wear loose, dark clothing and avoid tight-fitting underwear. Anything that’s pressing on the skin may make the results a bit patchy.
- The hands and face will fade quicker than the rest of the body so apply St Tropez Gradual Tan Classic Face Lotion to the face and the backs of the hands to keep your tan looking fresher for longer. For a colour boost for the rest of the body, try using St Tropez Self Tan Intensifier every 2-3 days – but don’t forget to polish and moisturise, too, or your colour won’t fade evenly…
Of course, a healthy-looking tan that exactly suits your natural skin tone appeals to everyone – certainly not just women. Today, men make up a significant percentage within our industry. Here at Woodhall Well Being male customers are welcome. They can discover our totally natural-looking, sunless tanning products that deliver professional results you can count on.
So, for a healthy, toned colour at the gym, the start of a holiday or a big night out, guys know that St. Tropez will give them an all-over, even colour that will help make them look great. Whether you choose to treat yourself at home or book in for a convenient salon appointment - St. Tropez is the brand you can trust to give you a healthy glow.
Not confident enough to tan yourself at home for the first time? Why not treat yourself to a salon treatment.
Tanning Problem areas;
There are two types of problem area when it comes to tanning. Areas that can stain and give away your self-tan and dry/rough patches that can make it look uneven.
Hairline & eyebrows
If you have fair hair smooth a bit of St. Tropez Body Moisturiser over eyebrows and the hairline to stop the hair from staining.
Palms and the spaces between your fingers simply wouldn’t tan naturally which is why tanned palms are a total giveaway that your tan’s out of a bottle. There are several ways to keep them natural looking – try applying your self tan with St. Tropez Latex Gloves then remove them and apply self tan to the backs of your hands when you’ve finished the rest of your body. Our applicator mitt helps St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse glide over the body and also means palms don’t get stained.
Occasionally nails can stain too, so try painting yours with clear polish before you get started or simply remove excess self tan with a wipe. If that sounds like hard work, then simply try our handy Tan Remover to see off any palm stains before it starts to develop (to be used within 4 hours of application).
Other problem areas
Wrists and hands, elbows, knees, ankles and feet are often prone to dryness and roughness. Make sure you polish and moisturise them well to ensure a sleeker, more even tan.
St. Tropez is a safe, non-toxic chemical reaction of key active ingredients in the top layers of the skin that cause it to change colour. All our products are renowned for their natural and pampering results because our formulations have combined these active ingredients with a soothing Aloe Vera base that helps prevent the drying so often seen with other self tanning products.
When you’re looking and feeling your best, you want to smell good, too. Yet the unmistakable aroma of all self tans (which is caused by the action of DHA on the skin) is very difficult to hide. For years St Tropez scientists have tried to find a way to effectively mask or disguise the smell, they have finally gone one better – with brand new Aromaguard™*.
With a fresh, light fragrance, Aromaguard™ doesn’t just mask the smell – it’s a ground-breaking technology that actually sees off that distinctive aroma (the smell is reduced by a minimum of 70%) and replaces it with a subtle fragrance that works in harmony with the skin to leave a soft, subtle scent that’s lovely on it’s own and light enough to layer under your normal fragrance if you prefer.
With hints of iris, fresh fruits and violets, Aromaguard™ is a major beauty breakthrough and a first in the self tanning market. St Tropez is delighted that as of now you can use St. Tropez safe in the knowledge that our entirely natural-looking colour now has an aroma that won’t give you away either.
St. Tropez formulations contain a unique combination of two completely safe active ingredients that work together to give a gorgeously natural looking colour that fades naturally, too.
The first ingredient, dihydroxyacetone (or DHA for short) is a colourless sugar that interacts with the amino acids in the surface layer of the skin to produce a temporary colour change – your tan.
This is then combined with Erythrulose, a naturally moisturising ingredient derived from raspberries, that works in the same way as DHA but it develops more slowly, giving you a smoother colour that lasts longer and fades more evenly.