Treatment: 75mins - Cost: £45
Body wraps date back to ancient times and have long had their place in history as therapies that can detoxify, de-stress, slim and tone, restore minerals and moisture to the skin. Here at Woodhall Well Being our range of wraps is botanically based and mineral rich, formulated with plant powders which provide a rich texture and release aromatic and earthy scents.
A body wrap - also known as a cocoon or mask - is at the heart of every spa ritual and depending on the key ingredients has many benefits to your skin and wellbeing. We offer a range of wraps that can be tailored for your specific needs as well as our most popular body wraps below...
Laminaria Body Wrap
Our Laminaria Body Wrap has a combination of specially selected seaweeds for intense shaping, reducing cellulite, and to help flush out toxins whilst hydrating and protecting the skin and helping maintain its elasticity. The professionally designed fine powder is easily mixed with water to obtain an unctuous, smooth paste and is ideal for slimming spa rituals and heated therapy wraps.
- Seaweeds are rich in trace elements, nutrients, proteins and are high in anti-oxidant activity.
- Lithothamnium is red algae which promotes the breakdown and elimination of fats. It contains high levels of calcium and selenium. Selenium is an anti-oxidant mineral that helps maintain firmness and elasticity.
- Laminaria digitata is brown algae rich in trace elements, amino acids, and vitamins. When used as an active ingredient in the beauty industry, the skin’s hydration levels are improved. Other benefits include anti-inflamma tory and healing properties. Laminaria digitata is also commonly used as a cellulite treatment to stimulate metabolism and flush out excess fluid.
- Lodine is abundant in laminaria digitata and is traditionally used in the fight against cellulite and for refining treatments and combating fatty deposits. It stimulates metabolism and helps to drain toxins.
- Spirulina is blue, green algae rich in nutrients, proteins and anti-oxidant activity.
- Slimming, shaping, reduction of cellulite
- Beautifully smooth skin
What to expect;
First a refreshing scrub is applied to disperse the dead skin cells - to help the penetration of the seaweed mud. Once this is showered off, the mud is applied over the body (with complete discretion and decency followed at all times) and tightly wrapped in foil. A heated blanket is used for warmth, detoxification and activation of the ingrediants. Our Seaweed Body Oil with natural anti-inflammatory and soothing properties is then applied to finish off the treatment for super, supple skin.
This treatment can be used to target specific areas.
Illuminate Body Wrap
The story is inspired by the Geisha girls who for centuries used the rice water on their skin to remove the thick layered make up they had to wear to cleanse and improve their complexion whilst retaining the moisture thus keeping their skin smoother, softer and more youthful. Even workmen in the Sake Factories (Japan’s national rice based drink) are renowned for having the smoothest, softest hands.
Packed with natural ingredients including rice bran oil, a combination of alpine plants as well as subtle notes of white flower and vanilla; our Illuminate wrap is what we would call our hero range. Completely result driven with the science to back it up, it reduces the appearance of age spots, lightens blemishes and evens out skin tone.
Rice has always been known for its valuable nutritious properties, however more uncommon are its benefits in the beauty world. The oil which is extracted straight from the bran is very rich in oryzanol and is proven to be one of the best anti-oxidants for skin protection. Due to its high nourishing factors, rice bran oil slows down and prevents the ageing process whilst improving skin’s elasticity making it appear more youthful and plump.
Body wraps date back to ancient times and have long had their place in history as therapies that can detoxify, de-stress, slim and tone, restore minerals and moisture to the skin – what’s not to love!
Here are Woodhall Well Being we have made sure the wraps are botanically based and mineral rich, formulated with plant powders which provide a rich texture and release aromatic and earthy scents. A professional radiance body wrap to even skin tone, lighten blemishes and reduce the appearance of age spots.
- Perfect for balancing the skin’s complexion. Skin feels smoother and more radiant with noticeably less pores.
- Rice Oil, extracted from the bran, is very rich in oryzanol, one of the best antioxidants for skin protection.
- Rice Water, produced by filtration, purifies and participates in the renewing of the skin cells, thanks to a gentle exfoliation.
- The active ingredients inhibit the melanin synthesis which helps to establish a more even skin tone and reduces the colour of ageing skin spots and the appearance of pigments on the skin.
- To help create the radiant or luminous effect and to reinforce the natural properties found in rice, 5 alpine plants from Switzerland have been used to yield the gentle aroma. The white flower top notes and vanilla base notes enhance the LUMINOUS RICE effect.
- The wrap is rich in oryzanol- one of the best anti-oxidants for skin protection
- High nourishing factors in rice bran oil help slow down the ageing process and improve elasticity of the skin
- Subtle scent of vanilla and alpine flowers will calm and refresh the senses
- Preservative free
Soothing Chocolate & Cocoa Bean Self-heating Body Wrap
This Chocolate Self-heating Herbal Pack is formulated with Cocoa Beans and Algae stimulating to the skin as well as relaxing and nourishing. The very fine powder turns into an effervescent, self heating paste when mixed with water. As the temperature gently rises, the wrap exudes a sweet chocolate aroma and releases its active ingredients.
- Formulated with cocoa beans containing theobromine (a similar substance to caffeine) – helps the breakdown and drainage of fats for firmer skin
- Packed with a wealth of minerals such as magnesium and zinc which are great for detoxifying and cleansing the skin
- Rich in vitamins A,B and E and flavanols – naturally occurring anti-oxidants which provide fantastic anti-ageing properties that fight the activity of free radicals on your skin and help to maintain elasticity keeping your skin looking supple and young.
- The cocoa scent promotes a feeling of wellbeing and relives stress.
- Also contains red and brown algae which are also rich in anti-oxidants and help promote firmness and elasticity
- Improves hydration levels in the skin.
Gold Fine Anti-Ageing Body Wrap
The Gold Story
Developed from the most luxurious ingredients, Gold wrap is the perfect combination of Grape Leaf, pearl or caviar extract, gold shine and skin loving ingredients. This paraben free range is a healthy ageing collection but loved by all who want a high end pamper and a healthy glow.
Gold has long been known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Minute gold particles prevent the breakdown of collagen and elastin, which causes wrinkles and loss of firmness.
Cleopatra is rumoured to have slept in a gold mask to enhance her beauty!
- The Grape leaf extract is naturally rich in active ingredients which benefit the skin & contain fruit acids (AHAs) known for promoting skin cell renewal. The wrap ingredients have healthy ageing and protective properties.
- Perfect for an anti-ageing treatment
- Decadent and sensual amber scent
- Mixes to a luxurious velvet like golden gel for a real wow factor